Friday, November 29, 2013

My Wife has the Force

Robyn has a new toy.  I'm a little bit jealous that I don't have one, but we'll talk about that in a minute.

It's called the Fitbit Force.  It's a health tracking device.  In some ways, it's a glorified pedometer, but it also has an altimeter so that it can track hiking or climbing stairs.  Since it tracks her movement, it is also able to estimate calories burned.

She's a good little walker.  Over 16,000 steps in one day.
I've been really impressed.  It has motivated Robyn to increase her activity.  It syncs with an app on her phone which gives her goals for distance walked, number of steps, calories burned, etc.  She's been trying to hit all her goals every day.  I have particularly loved it because that means she asks me to go on walks with her.  Since I love going on walks with her, that has been super fabulous.

Not to mention, it syncs with myFitnessPal, which is the app that both Robyn and I use to track our exercise and eating.  The Fitbit reports her exercise to myFitnessPal so that it is automatically tracked.
Plus, look how cute she looks with it.

So why don't I have one?  Well, that's a good question.  I'm the geek in the family.  I'm the one that loves new gadgets.  But I'm holding out for some new technologies I've been watching on the horizon.  There's some experimental technology that could potentially track my blood sugar.  If I could wear something on my wrist that could monitor blood glucose constantly, I'm willing to wait a year before purchasing a sweet wearable computer.

Meanwhile, I log on to Robyn's fitbit account online and watch her steps go up.  It may be creepy but it helps me pretend that I am wearing one.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, please let you wife know we can help her protect her fitbit force.. we are the only company that provide a true fix for the forces problems. Please check us out www.bitbelt.biz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...