Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Love

Thirty years ago today, a very important event happened in history. When Robyn asked me if I remembered what happened today, I told her that I remember that her mom got sick and had to go to the hospital, but I couldn't remember what was wrong. That made her cranky, but I remember now what it was. Thirty years ago my beautiful wife Robyn came into the world. (She wasn't my wife at the time. I was like 6 months old, that would be awkward.)

We were both this precious thirty years ago, but our preciousness was separate.


To commemorate 30 years of Robyn, I have decided to write 30 things I love about her.

Warning: possible mushiness ahead. Proceed at your own risk.

Robyn,

1. I love that you always want to do what is right.
2. I love that you always sound cute when you sneeze. (Readers of the blog: I will try to get you audio or video, but I have not yet achieved that.)
3. I love that you make such a cute face when you're cranky
How can you not love that cranky face?
4. I love that you're always willing to have fun
5. I love that you make amazing food
6. I love that you love to learn and grow
7. I love that you help me become a better person
8. I love that you do the most humorous things while sleeping
Reading while sleeping is a special talent

9. I love that you're fun and creative
10. I love that you make our home beautiful
11. I love that you're a hotty
12. I love that you like to surprise me
13. I love that you love the Lord
14. I love that you think I'm funny even when I'm not.
15. I love that you think you're funny even when you're not.
16. I love that we have great and exciting experiences together
17. Did I mention your cooking?
18. I love that we're just so precious together
Our precious level is off the charts
19. I love that you always follow your heart
20. I love that you know when to seek counsel and when to follow what you know
21. I love that you have amazing empathy for others
22. I love that you have a gift with children, you bring out the best in them

23. I love that you have awesome hair
It's oh so fun to play with
24. I love that you truly are my best friend
25. Oh Whoah Dang! (See reason #11)
26. I love when you do the cold run (I wish I had pictures.  When Robyn is cold, she does this run where she tucks her arms in and does a cute little waddle.)
27. I love that you are a creative thinker and have brilliant ideas.
28. I love that you came with an awesome family that has welcomed me and made me feel loved.
29. I love that you love reading and value knowledge.
30. I love that the last 3 years have been the best in my life.

Robyn, I love you so much!  I love you more than bacon.  I love you more than chocolate milk.  I love you more than Blu-Ray discs or books.  I hope you have the most amazing birthday of your life.

P.S.  As you pass into your thirties I hope this post was sufficiently loving as well as embarrassing.  I love you!

6 comments:

  1. THANKS! I love you more then shoes and shopping for new clothes or even small cute things. Thank you for taking the time to make my birthday special! I love you tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Jeff you seriously made me cry! Oh, I laughed too. A lot. And the cry was a good cry. But I just used a box of kleenex. A whole one! I'm so glad my sister has YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, you make me happy. Robyn, your cold run makes me happy! Mostly, family just makes me happy. Way to make ours even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big Robyn fan, but I skipped the mushiness (thanks for the disclaimer). I'm glad that you two found each other. Happy Birthday to the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE ROBYN TOO! And Jeff, I love you. You two are such great examples to me and I'm so happy to have you both in my life. :)

    Hope you had a happy birthday celebration tonight! I can't wait to hear about all the fanciness you experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Robyn--via Jeff!! I love that you love each other!! You're both awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...