Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The saga of the Novembeard

At the beginning of last month, I told you about the Novembald to Novembeard project.  In that post, I promised I would update you, so you could see how the beard went.

Well, they say a picture is worth 1,000 words.  What I have for you is a time lapse video that contains 30 pictures chronicling the growth of my beard throughout the month.  That means this video is worth 30,000 words.  That's like reading half a novel.  You should be proud of yourself, you're such a good little reader.



 Also, I have 2,000 more words for you.  When I shaved the beard I felt it was important to have some fun stages on the way.  I spent the entire day as an Amish person.
It was quite amusing.  We went to the store and the checkout girl was giving me a funny look, trying to figure out if I was for real.  So, naturally, I said, "I'm really excited about this canned food we're buying.  I've never had canned food before, what with being Amish and all."

That's when Robyn got really embarrassed and told the girl I wasn't really Amish.  Lame.

Then that evening I shaved it just a little more.
I call this one, "Brother Brigham".
But now I'm all shaved and I'm just regular.  I hope you enjoyed my 32,000+ words of goodness.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on being regular again. But, don't you wonder how awesome and warm the beard would have been if you'd kept it for the whole winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder about the awesomeness it could bring. However, there's two reasons it had to go.

      1. Before I ever grew it, Robyn made me promise I would be clean shaven for her birthday.

      2. When it gets long enough, it really starts to annoy me. Whenever I talk the hair under and above my mouth pokes me or becomes intermingled and it's just weird. Although, I have to say, the Amish beard didn't bother me at all. By removing the hair around my mouth, it was much less annoying. Those Amish have really figured something out.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I have you back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...