Saturday, March 10, 2012

Reading: It's that important

So the title may have been a bit misleading.  You probably thought you were going to get a post about how important reading is.  I happen to think reading is very important.  I do it a lot.  To prove to you how much I like reading, I would like to share this image of me in my earliest days of reading, at the precious age of 3.

Making reading cool since 1984
But, like I alluded to earlier, this post is not a persuasive essay on how important reading is.  (Although the coolness of the above picture is a persuasive essay in itself.  They say a picture is worth 1000 words.)

It turns out this is a post about the strange things my wife does while sleeping.  Last night I was sleeping quite soundly when there was a tap on my arm.  I, of course, woke up and looked up at my wife who was waving her arm in the air.  I wasn't sure if she was stretching or saying hello.

I was perplexed by the situation and simply asked her, "why did you wake me up?"  Every time something like this happens I am always seeking to find the logic in the situation.  It never occurs to me that there is none.

Her response took her a minute or so.  It was as if speaking had become particularly difficult.   But she eventually forced all of the words out. "Because..... you....... didn't....... read........ enough."

Like I said earlier, I read a lot.  I have since I was 3.  Last night I read for about 30 minutes before going to sleep.  But apparently that wasn't enough to earn the right to slumber.  In my total confusion, I asked, "Read enough of what?"

She was extremely offended by my insolence in asking such a rude and ignorant question.  She groaned for a few seconds before saying angrily, "I'm too tired!"  and rolling over.  I told her I loved her and that I was sorry I made her angry.

So, if you're tired, just ask yourself if you've read enough.  If you haven't, well, don't tell Robyn.

8 comments:

  1. I am so entertaining! Make sure you read enough tonight or I will have to give you another lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She doesn't go to the effort to make phone calls in her sleep does she? That could be awkward if I have to block my sister-in-law's phone number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise I read enough. I totally read enough to get a good night's sleep. Robyn, just let me sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham, to my knowledge she has never made a phone call in her sleep. However, she continues to up the ante as her old antics cease to surprise me. So you never know what she'll do next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you both recognize the importance of reading. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha oops, I was on my mom's account by accident.

    I go on reading splurges every now and then. For a couple months I'll do nothing but read, and then for a year I'll read nothing but scriptures. Does reading thousands of tweets count? Just kidding; don't answer that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw your mom commented, I was kind of amazed to see that she read my blog. Now the world makes much more sense.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...