Monday, July 13, 2009

Ninth Moniversary - Tribute To An Old Friend

Well, Saturday was our ninth moniversary. It has been an exciting month, with our Hawaii trip and a visit from Robyn's parents. I asked Robyn what had happened this month that I hadn't written about yet. She said, "You left me home for a long long time." She was referring to all the work I did before our trip. So we pretty much decided that we didn't do anything at all this month before going to Hawaii. So it looks like this post will have to be all about what we did on Saturday. We had to say goodbye to an old friend, but we did get to say hello to a new one.

Those who know me well, also know my dear friend. He stays within a few hundred feet of me almost 24 hours a day. He has such nicknames as Chadwick and The Benz. This is what he looked like when he still lived with us.

We had been talking about selling him for a while, but then Barack Obama decided that the taxpayers should help me buy a car. I don't support that kind of legislation, but if he's gonna do it we're gonna take advantage of it. The only deal was that we had to trade in an old car that got bad gas mileage and had to buy a brand new car. So we started looking into new cars and decided we really liked the Hyundai Sonata. It's a pretty nice car and we were able to get a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty on it. So once we decided to do it, we had a goodbye party to say farewell to our old friend.




The next day after the party we drove home a newborn car. I'm sure this one will grow into our hearts as much as the previous one. It was an excellent moniversary gift!




I commented to Robyn that I didn't think I'd ever own a brand new car, yet it's sitting in my driveway right now!

12 comments:

  1. We just have to decide on a name. Maybe, we should get some more ideas.

    I'm sorry about your old car, but I am VERY happy with the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy... and sad! I could always tell where you were... now... not so much.

    Congrats on the new car!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice!! We have a sonata also and I think you will enjoy it! We love ours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got a sonata after all the troubles I've had with mine?! ~j/k :) I'm sure you will love it. I just have bad luck with cars in general. Plus~ 60k warranty! (i found out the hard way, that doesn't include the stereo...)

    may you have a long life together (you and Robyn, I mean...but also the car:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this yet because I have no time, but don't worry...I will, and you'll have another comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw your title I was like 9 months and I thought about on the mission how a lot of the sister missionaries would stuff their dresses with pillows and/or blankets and take a picture at their 9 month mark. Then I had to laugh out loud that after 9 months you and Robyn gave birth to a "newborn" car. I'm still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I was there to celebrate with you! Now he just needs a name........

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh bye bye benz! We had a sonata for a couple years...and then traded it for hyundai's minivan. I see you following in our footsteps...don't deny the minivan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am excited to meet your new car, but I will miss the Benz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry Obama made you put the Benz to sleep but I am happy that you have a new baby!! Enjoy!! And if you ever need a babysitter...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your old car was so beautiful! I am sad it's gone, and that I didn't even get to say goodbye. But your newborn car looks great too. Is it charcoal gray? I can't tell, but I hope so. That's my favorite car color.

    If you're going to name it, you should let Zack do the honors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I finally read this post. Congratulations on your new baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...