Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Handy Wife and the Garden

My wife is very handy.

Anyone that knows me knows that handy is not a word that describes me at all.  So it's good that at least one of us can be described that way.

Robyn's latest project is a very important one, because it will turn into food in the future.

Remember when the coverings on our grow boxes blew away?  Well, the grow boxes were phase one.  The final phase is a fancy schmancy greenhouse type structure.

Lest you think I didn't participate, I was a big helper.  I drove all the way to Lowe's and helped pick out seeds.  Don't they look delicious?



I also documented the whole process.  Somebody's gotta do it.
Robyn had to hand cut the PVC to build her structures.

She had to screw them in to the sides of the grow boxes

She looks like she's going pole vaulting, but she's just being a good little builder.

Aren't they fabulous little covered wagons?

The little ropes divide up where the different plants go.

Her Dad came in and helped with the planting round.


In our old house, we planted in May and then it snowed the next day.  This greenhouse strategy protects against that problem.  If there is snow or even just frost, it won't hurt our little babies.  Then later in the summer, we just take the plastic off.
She cut holes in the plastic to help the wind pass through.

Look at our cute little plants.
Are you totally impressed with my wife?  I know I am.  If you want to be more impressed, come on over in a couple months and eat some delicious vegetables with us.


3 comments:

  1. Shmancy! I'm impressed with Robyn. Give us an update when everything has grown in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love some vegetables! Somehow the balcony just doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being the family recorder. I just hope they all grow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...