Friday, April 3, 2009

An End to My Suffering

I know the title of this post is a little dramatic. You're probably wondering what kind of suffering I could be experiencing that is coming to an end. Well, you see I've had a terrible problem for quite some time. This problem is that I've never been to Hawaii. In case you think that's not that bad, you need to realize that everyone in my life goes to Hawaii without me. For your judgment I present the following as my case:
Exhibit A

Laura without me This is my friend Laura, if you look at the picture you'll notice my friend Laura, you'll notice the ocean in Hawaii, but you'll notice a distinct lack of me.

Exhibit B
Jared without me My BFMMFF (Best Friend with the Most Mutual Facebook Friends) is depicted here enjoying the plantlife in good ol' Hawaii. It's hard to pick it out but if you look closely you can see I'm not there.

Exhibit C
Tracy without me This is Tracy at Secret Beach on Kauai. Well, I'm sure you've already guessed but it's no secret that I wasn't there.

Exhibit D
Robyn without me Here is Robyn. Even she went to Hawaii without me. She was gone the same time as Tracy last year(shown above.) This is her floating in the serene ocean. There's a whole great big ocean and I'm not anywhere in it.

As you can see, this has been a problem for a long time. Many people have seen fit to be in Hawaii without me. Well, Robyn has seen fit to make up for her crime by going to Hawaii with me this time. Yup, we booked our plane tickets and we have the place we're staying. We're gonna be gone June 23rd-July 1st. The only other person who has really paid for their crime was Jared when he broke his neck in Hawaii. I think Robyn's choice of how to pay for her crime was a better one, Jared's fine now so I suppose his choice wasn't all bad.
Well, the good news is that this time I will not be left all alone. Last year while Robyn was in Hawaii I had to find comfort somewhere and I was reduced to this:

16 comments:

  1. Aloha, dear! I am so excited to have you come with me this time and show you all my favorite parts of the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am so excited for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're going to Hawaii this time around. Except I didn't see ME in any of those pictures either. I think I deserve to go too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put the coconut down and back away from Joe... PS what island?
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do realize that I am WAAAY older than you and have yet to see the waves on the beach. But I am happy for you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did too read your new post! I was really bored in class today... lol. When I was referring to the drought it technically began a week ago and there wasn't another blog posted until three days ago. I have been trying to come up with something semi-interesting to blog about since them... and all I came up with was the sewing... Anyway, thank you for your blog. It did keep me entertained during some boring presentations today!

    Oh, and I too have never seen the wonderful shores of Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have an extra bedroom in that house on the beach...want a visitor? Just kidding, I'll go on my own adventure this year, but We'll have to make Hawaii a tradition! I love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha! Maybe I should present a similar case to my husband...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you really going to Hawaii without me? Why would you do that, I would be so safe I promise. I hope you have fun and make up for all the Hawaii trips that you missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally was on the team that wanted you there in Hawaii last year. It would have been way fun to have you at our family shin-dig. But very glad that you and Robyn can go this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeff, you WERE in Hawaii last year...by phone every day! I'm glad you and Robyn are going to enjoy the sand, surf, and sun together this year. Gotta try the papayas in the morning! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hawaii is so beautiful. I'm glad you're going there someday. I wish I could come too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahahahaha! Jeff. You have the time of you life while in Hawaii...and remember that I will be stuck here in nasty utah. remember. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made it in your blog! I can die happy now. :) Um, I totally would've invited you to Hawaii but I didn't think Robyn would appreciate it...have SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to see Hawaii, I'm going there someday. To feel the warm warm water...to swim and surf all day. For Hawaii is a paradise, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young...it is my sacred duty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...