Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trick or Treating For Adults

Do you remember when you were younger?  Remember how great Halloween was?  You would get all dressed up in your costume, you would run all over town to get a good haul of candy.  It was the greatest night ever.

I have good news for you.  Adults can achieve the same thing.  They just have to do it in a more awesome way.
This is me with my bag of goodness.  (Sorry the red bag blends in with my red shirt.)
Photo by Chase Davies

Today I went to the Big Business Expo at UVU.  This is where all sorts of businesses get together and go trick or treating to each other's booths.  Almost every booth has a big bowl of candy.  But even though candy was the pinnacle of goodness as children, candy is not even that cool at this trick or treating event because there's so much better stuff.

I got a myriad of pens, a calculator, a flash light, a first aid kit and other goodness.  Some of the booths had pizza or nachos.  Basically, it's the greatest thing ever.  Take a look at my haul.
Not Pictured:  All of the candy and other food I got

I was loving the free stuff so much.  I really wanted to go to a booth and just say "Trick or Treat!"  but I lacked the courage.  I think part of the key to preserving this wonderful atmosphere is that the adults have to be in denial about the fact that they are trick-or-treating.  But let's be honest.  That's what was happening.

Maybe next year I'll wear a costume.  That will get some attention.

13 comments:

  1. So what did your company give out? That looks like lots of fun. The thing that would have made it even more fun. Would be the part where you invite friends like me along. That was one of the parts that made it fun as a kid as well. The friends you hung out with. I look forward to the invite next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron, That's the best part. Our company didn't do a booth. We just went trick-or-treating.

    You can totally come next year. You have to have tickets in order to get the free lunch (it was catered by Tucanos) but even without that you can get plenty of free lunch from the booths that give out pizza, candy, nachos or other goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you went grown up trick or treating. It looks like fun and I am happy that I get all the sticky notes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would have made me very happy if you had said "trick or treat"... Next year??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love trick or treating. We should go more often. I'm glad that you got awesome stuff. I think that your shirt was a good costume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, I'll try to get up the courage next year. But I can't guarantee anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE FREE STUFF. You got so many free pens!!! I love free pens.

    That photo makes me sooooo happy. I was laughing throughout the entire post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. catered by tucanos and a trillion free pens!?! i am almost persuaded to move to utah just for this one event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love expos and conventions. They make my heart race.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the costume idea for next year. And, it's true that adults get as much joy as kids out of getting free stuff, candy or otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love going to things like that! My company occasionally will let us go to a thing like that and I get so flipping excited for each stress ball and pen I get!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dad brought me some of his trick or treat stuff. I benefited from it as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...