Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our New Arrival

So, I have some pretty exciting news. We will have a little bundle of joy to join our family. We've actually known for a little while that we were going to have a new arrival, but now that things are just a little farther along we feel like we can tell people about it. Our new DVR is totally amazing. (Sorry if you thought I was talking about something else.)

We've been shopping around for quite sometime. We have been with Comcast but we felt like we were paying too much. They were doing our internet as well as our TV, so we thought about switching to DirecTV for TV and possibly Qwest for our internet. With that bundle we would be able to pay less and get a DVR but our internet would be significantly slower. Then I found Digis for internet. It would still be a little slower but not signifiantly, so I thought we could switch to that. But then, the real magic happened, with the confidence of knowing I could get a good deal somewhere else, I called Comcast and told them I was switching unless they lowered my rates, so they dropped about 30 dollars off our monthly bill and gave us a DVR. I was quite proud of myself, for my excellent negotiating skills.

Oh, and for those of you who thought that I was saying Robyn is pregnant: Well, she isn't, but the good news is that I found a website that lets you put two pictures in and it shows you what your child might look like. This will have to suffice.

Hopefully our real children won't look like this mutant

The child quite literally has my eyes and mouth, and Robyn's nose and chin. I know it looks like a bit of a mutant, we'll do better when the real thing comes along. My apologies to those who are reading this who are eagerly desiring us to give you grandchildren or great grand children.

12 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I REALLY hope our children are cuter then that.

    Until then I will have fun with our new bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...cute baby. Stick with the DVR for a few more months to work out problems with the genes a bit more.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!! I totally thought you were talking about a baby but I should have known better with you Jeff always gettin a laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your babies better be cuter than that. Otherwise you can say goodbye to me ever babysitting for you! Hahaha, jk. I'm so excited to DVRsit for you though. You let me know when and I'll be there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, let me just say -- you rock -- I'm literally laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you fooled me jeff. i totally thought you were going to have a baby. well, maybe not. but i do feel good about your sweet negotiation skills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't have me fooled. I loved that set up though! I'm really excited about your Dvr Stockett. I gotta come meet him. Congratulations!

    I'm also glad you used negotiating skills since we just talked about that. You'll have to teach me a thing or two about it so I can get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, Jeff. You know I'm one of those who was really excited when I read your opening line. But then before I read any further I realized that MAYBE Robyn would give us a hint before you posted the news on your blog. Congrats on your DVR and negotiating skills. Now, about those grandchildren to be...we'll love them because we love you two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto Carol.. Jeffery Theodore Stockett, you aren't supposed to give mom's false hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way, I am really happy about your new little bundle, I'm just not too sure about what color of gifts to buy for it ...pink or blue?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Should we plan a DVR shower? We could all buy gifts of DVDs and write down requests of things to record once the bundle of joy arrives. Just kidding, don't get any ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew in my head that you could not be talking about having a baby, but one can always hope! Besides, I would have been really ticked off if you actually announced on your blog you were having a baby before you told me in person. I'm very happy for you though, I'm sure that DVR will change your life for the better, just like a child would. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...