Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Lost Forty Five Pounds

So it turns out I'm better at this weight loss thing then I thought.

Remember back when I said that my weight loss goal for the year was to reach 250 pounds?  When I made the goal I was 293 pounds.  I figured a 43 pound loss would be pretty good for the year.  That's just under 1 pound a week.

Well, as of this morning I was 248 pounds.  I blew past my yearly goal 2 pounds ago.  I've lost 45 pounds.

Remember when I said that my shorts have started falling off?  I've taken to pulling them up over my belly.  But my belly has shrunk enough that they are starting to fall off even then.
Don't worry.  I'm still precious.
The good news is that they only fall off my belly when I'm on the treadmill.  The only other person that's there is usually Dr. Who, and he's generally too busy saving the world to notice that I'm watching him while I walk.

I may have to break down and get some new shorts here, soon.  I'm also drowning in my white shirt I wear to church.  This weight loss thing could get expensive.  But the worst part?  I can't order Google Glass.

Remember how my reward was going to be to get Glass when I hit the goal?  That was going to be so perfect.  I would hit the goal at the end of the year just in time to preorder.  Well, here I am, a precious 45 pounds later, and Google hasn't seen fit to put it on sale.

Several people have told me I should set a new goal.  I agree with them.  But, I should emphasize, I already earned Glass, and I'm preordering it the moment it's available.  Just because I have a new goal doesn't mean I have to meet it to have my shiny new wearable computer.

So here's the new goal.  I want to get to 223 pounds by the end of the year.  That would be an annual weight loss of 70 pounds.  More importantly, when I got home after serving a 2 year mission for my church, I was 230 pounds.  That would mean I would be the thinnest I've been in over a decade.

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck Jeff, this is a great process to watch. I'm sure you will feel so much better, especially once you get your Glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. And I love how refer to yourself as precious. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very proud of you and I am so glad we can do this together! It is nice to have more energy and feel better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome. That's a lot of hard work. I know you can make that next goal, no problem! I'm looking forward to visiting and seeing the new, ultra skinny Jeff. I'm glad you're keeping us posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo! I'm so excited for you! That's a major accomplishment, and I can't wait to see you at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say my older bro is amazing! Heffa, you gonna do a new goal and new reward? Or just the new goal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't talk about this on the blog, but I actually get a new reward every 10 pounds that I lose. Most of them are 25 dollars at amazon. But at 220 I get a new tablet (I'm thinking the Windows Surface but we'll see what I like when I make the goal) and at 200 I get to go sky diving. So, if I make my 223 goal by the end of December I should be getting a tablet sometime in January, hopefully.

      Delete
  7. I am so proud of you. You are working so hard at this and it is paying off. Can't wait to see you hiking in Alaska!! You will be so fit you will run up that mountain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...