Monday, June 10, 2013

I Like My Dentist

It's true.  I actually like my dentist.

What's that you say?  "But, Jeff, I follow you on Instagram and I saw your post about the implements of torture."

You follow me on Instagram?  What a wise choice!  I bet that decision has brought you great joy throughout your life.

And, yes, I did post this picture on Instagram:

Why do they have to put their instruments of torture on display? #dentist
And, yes, I agree those look like items that would be used in a horror movie.  But, that's exactly why I like my dentist.  When I go to the dentist, it doesn't actually seem like I'm in a horror movie.

I know, it's pretty surprising.  Because most dentists are experts at finding new and more horrible ways to inflict pain.

Growing up, I would go to the torturer's office once every 6 months.  I remember one time in particular, I was 7 or 8 years old and I was screaming because it hurt so bad.  The dentist just told me to buck up.

He had shot me with Novocaine, and my face was definitely numb, but he failed to numb my tooth, and was not willing to give me a second shot.  I don't know if he was just too incompetent to make the right spot numb or if he was just too cheap to use the Novocaine for a second try.  Either way, the semiannual visit to Dr. Crawford's house of pain was very much like a horror movie.

That's why I love my current dentist's office.  They may have instruments of torture, but they are actually competent enough to numb me during the torture process, thus making it nothing like a horror movie.

I know that statements like, "A visit there is nothing like a horror movie" are not exactly ringing endorsements.  Just imagine if you read that kind of review about a restaurant:  "While eating there, I did not die.  Also no one was tortured or maimed.  Also, there was food available."

Nonetheless, I love my dentist.   Dr. Crawford's House of Pain may have severely lowered my expectations, but all I know is that Stone Haven Dental is nothing like a horror movie.  That's the way I like it.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for getting your teeth taken care of. I like your teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the dentist this morning. They numbed me up real good so I get to feel like the Hunchback for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I'm happy about following you on instagram but you need to post more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try. We'll be in Alaska in a few weeks so hopefully I'll be able to span you with awesome pictures of whales, bears, eagles and glaciers.

      Delete
  4. Dentist Manhattan Beach is high qualified and experienced in his profession of dentistry. You can search in the internet also for the high qualified dentist to get the good and safe treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure many will agree when I say that we all have a dentist's office horror movie. But reading about someone whose horror story turned into a more pleasant one because of a dentist sparks good news for everyone. It's truly nice to be serviced by a great dentist, no? Congratulations!
    Weston @ Peak Family Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the title of this post alone, one could tell that this is going to be a fun read. And you didn’t disappoint! : ) It’s always a delight to hear about people who aren’t scared of their dentists and don’t see them as people who inflict pain on their patients. That's clearly not what they were trained for. They actually want to ease us off our pain and give us the best oral health. Thank you for this one!
    Dr. Steven Cadee at Mullalloo Dental Centre

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the problem with some dentists. They get so jaded with kids being afraid of them that they sometimes don’t take the effort to be likable; which is a bad idea since it will only confirm the kids' fear and will result to poor dental hygiene for them and less clients for the dentist. The only good thing that may come from it is if you scare the kid into becoming oral hygiene-conscious to avoid visits to the said dentist.

    Lon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to tense up and freeze every time I go to the dentist. I think the reason why is growing up the technology wasn't like it is today & I hated sitting in the chair with these tools that were so loud & somewhat painful. I had to find a new dentist in Des Moines, IA that I'm pleased with. I still get the sweaty palms however.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...