Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Things Trick or Treaters Say

There's something special about Trick-or-Treating.  I remember when I got old enough to go without my parents.  I'm pretty sure that my friends and I covered the entire city of Orem.  It was always so sad when people would start going to bed.  Didn't they know that my pillow case still had room?

Now that I'm oldie moldie, I enjoy being on the other side of the equation.  However, tonight, I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even dress up.
Robyn is Mrs. Frizzle.  I decided I was a concerned citizen, because I voted early today.

Despite my lack of Halloween spirit in the dressing up department, I made up for it in the giving out candy department.  I made sure to get the good candies so the kids would think it was worth it to climb all the stairs to our porch.

The children repaid me by saying amusing things.  I tweeted some of the funny things they said, but for those who don't follow me on twitter, I have gathered them here for your amusement:



  • "Happy New Year! Wait! Oh! Aaah!" 
  • "White Kit Kat? I've never seen those before! You're the best!" 
  • "You have a lot of stairs"
  • (Heard from inside, before the doorbell rang.) "Hurry up! I'm gonna trick or treat without you!" 
  • (After pondering over the options in the bowl, and finally making a selection) "These aren't too bad." 
  • (From a child dressed as President Obama) "Don't vote for me!"
  • (From one of the kids in our Sunbeam class) "That's my teacher!"
  • (From another kid in our Sunbeam class) "I seen you before."


I hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. It was very amusing to hear all the comments. It was the only thing that made the constant ringing of the door bell not unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when you think you've make a difference in a child's life, they say something like: "I seen you before".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In his defense, his family just moved in about a month ago, so he hasn't been in our class as long. But he has still had a month of sitting with us for 2 hours each Sunday.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...