Friday, January 20, 2017

Hollywood

After our two days in Disneyland, the next part of our adventure was to take a little bit of time to slow down and go to the temple.  We left our hotel in Anaheim and headed toward L.A. to go to the Los Angeles Temple.

I really enjoyed the peaceful morning in contrast to the hustle and bustle of the past couple days.  Here are a few pictures of the temple.
This is what it looked like as we drove up to it.






One of the funny things about this temple is that there's no chapel to wait in for the session.  They just have a little bench outside of the dressing rooms, so it's kind of a segregated waiting situation.  It was a little weird, but it was fine.

After the temple, we drove in to Hollywood to pick up our niece, Teanca.  She lives there because she's an aspiring actress and future star.  We picked her up at her apartment, made fun of how ghetto her neighborhood is and then took her out for some lunch.
I saw Lando Calrissian's star outside of the restaurant.  Naturally, I took a selfie with it.

After eating, we found an empty star.  Being the embarrassing uncle that I am, I made Teanca take a picture with it because it's her future star.
We went back to the hotel and just hung out for a few hours.  I mostly fell asleep while the women folk talked.
This is what Teanca looks like while chatting in the hotel room.

This is what Robyn looks like while chatting in the hotel room.
We decided that our evening adventure should be going to see Star Wars in the Chinese Theater.
I know that no one else understands how important the Chinese Theater is.  But that's the theater where the original Star Wars premiered.  AND I SAW STAR WARS THERE!

We walked to the theater which meant walking through downtown Hollywood.  Robyn was terrified of all of the people dwelling in Hollywood after dark.  I thought they were amusing.  The funniest thing that happened was a big guy/girl (I know I'm supposed to call the individual by how they identify, but they didn't tell me how they identify.  It looked like a guy with breasts.) came up to me and said, "Well, you're a big boy aren't you?"  I just said, "That's correct!" and kept walking.
This is what Teanca and Robyn look like on the walk of fame.  They're walking.  And they're famous.

Me at the Chinese Theater.  I'm not sure why the guy behind me looks like a zombie.

Me with the Death Star Plans.

The women folk taking a selfie before Star Wars.
It was a fun day.  I got to cross something off my nerd bucket list and we got to hang out with a rising star before she becomes famous.  I'd call that a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...