Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Date with Katniss

I'm married to Katniss Everdeen.  Okay, that's not actually true.  But my wife is basically the same as Katniss.  Not so much in the "I kill other children who are trying to kill me in order to survive" sort of way.  Also not so much in the "I'm the reluctant face of a nationwide rebellion against tyranny" sort of way.  Mostly, just in the "I shot an arrow once" sort of way.



When I say she shot an arrow, it wasn't so much in the "I shot a real arrow and became a master at it in order to feed my family" sort of way, but more in the "I bought a Nerf toy bow and arrow for a date night with my husband" sort of way.

You see, Robyn and I try to do a date night every weekend.  We take turns being in charge of planning the date.  Probably 90% of the time, this means we take turns deciding where we'll go out to eat.  But on Friday, Robyn decided to get creative with our date.  She went to the store and purchased some Nerf weapons, and we became toy archers for the evening.

We setup these blocks as targets.
I make archery look good.
It turns out that toy bows and arrows are even harder to aim than the real thing.  It took us like 45 minutes to knock down all of our targets we had setup.  But the important thing is that we did it.

If Robyn is ever in the Hunger Games, The Capitol will broadcast this picture to all the districts.
If our society ever implements the Hunger Games, Robyn and I could totally win it.  But only if everyone agrees that the only weapons allowed must be Nerf weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...