Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Caribbean and Me

We booked our summer vacation about a week ago.  I'm sort of insanely excited.  We'd been discussing all sorts of different ideas for where to go this year, but we realized it was really important to go diving since we're totally Scuba certified.

So we decided to book a cruise to the Caribbean.  How cool is that?  We figured the Caribbean has such things as the second biggest reef in the world.  That should work for utilizing our scuba certification.  

Ever since we booked it, each night when we lay down for bed, the last thing I say to Robyn is, "Remember how we're going on a cruise this summer?"

Robyn is probably excited to go so that I will stop talking about the fact that we're going to go.  But I'm excited for about a million other reasons.  I've taken the liberty of travelling to the future and photographing some of the awesome things I'm excited about.

Scuba Diving


At this current moment, the only place I've ever been diving is at the Crater in Midway where I was certified.  I hope to dive a few lakes in Utah before this summer, just to practice, but then I get to dive in the real ocean!  We're thinking we'll probably go diving in Roatan, Honduras.  I hear that's an excellent place.

Climb a Mayan Pyramid
This is on my bucket list, so I'm super excited to do it.  I'll probably do this in Belize, but maybe in Mexico.  Maybe even both!  You probably couldn't tell that my head was sticking out of that little doorway at the top.  For your convenience, I have magnified it for you.

Eat Delicious Food

Our cruise last year was loaded with delicious food, and this one will be no different.

Visit a new state

This is the map of the states I have visited in the U.S.  You'll notice that Texas is white, meaning I haven't been there.  The cruise leaves out of Galveston, Texas.  We'll fly into Houston and have one night to explore a little bit.  Texas will turn green on the map!

Look how precious we'll be in Texas.
Read Lots of Books

We'll have three days at sea, which is plenty of time to catch up on some good books.  And, according to this future picture, the bed on the ship will look exactly like my bed at home.  Crazy, huh?

Spend Quality Time With People I Love in Beautiful Places

We're going on the cruise with Robyn's parents.  We've gone on trips to their house and stayed with them, and they've traveled to stay with us, but we've never actually been on a trip together.  I'm super excited for that.  And it won't hurt that there will be crystal clear water, and beautiful beaches.

Now that you've had a glimpse of my future, are you as excited as I am?

5 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for your trip. I'm glad that you've already posted all your pics. I would have thought future you would have taken more pictures though. I hope future you posts some more pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I just posted a few highlights. Future Me will take lots more pics, and I'm sure Future Me will post them in the future.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear about the actual trip after you actually go. Oh, and Mom and Dad are stellar travel companions. Graham and I loved our trip to Banff with them. If I wasn't having a child two weeks later, I would totally crash your trip and come along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...