Monday, March 14, 2016

Pi Day Observed

As you know, today is Pi Day.  If you don't know that, you can begin by feeling ashamed.  You should probably do that for at least ten minute.  Please proceed to feel shame.

Now that you're done feeling shame, you can read my post from a year ago where I explain a little bit about Pi Day.

Now that you're all caught up, you can avoid that shame in the future.  You're welcome.

After seeing last year's extremely successful celebration on a Saturday, we decided that it would be better to have a Pi Day observed, so that we could celebrate on Saturday.  So while today is the real deal, we celebrated on Saturday, and it went very well.

As we always do, we offered prizes for the most delicious pies brought by our guests.  We had 10 homemade pies, and all of them were delicious.

Look at all that goodness.
I've been celebrating Pi Day for longer than I have been married.  But, Pi Day has become much more fancy since Robyn became involved.  Look at these fancy decorations.


I think we had about 25 people in attendance.  I didn't actually count, but we definitely had our little house filled to the brim.



The kitchen and main room were full of people.

We had another room with toys for kids and more room for enjoying pie.

Our panel of judges consisted of my friend Dave and my friend Jason.  They were both highly qualified due to their math knowledge.  They know all about pi, which naturally means they know all about pie.

The winner was my friend Deanna with an apple pie.  It was quite delish.
It's important to get a picture with the winner.  If you can't tell, we're signing 3.14.
All in all, it was a successful evening.  Did you celebrate?  If you did, tell me about your experience.  If you didn't, feel free to be ashamed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally in two of those pictures...totally cut off. Be ashamed. Ha but I saw that little camera in the corner! Sneaky! I'm so happy I got to participate yet another year at pi(e) night. Next year I'm going to make a delicious pie and try to win one of those sweet prizes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...