Monday, July 7, 2014

Sunset, Dolphins and Burgers: Farewell to the Cruise

At the end of our cruise, we had one last day at sea while the ship traveled back to Galveston, Texas.  We had already explored the ship pretty thoroughly, so we spent most of the time repeating our favorite things such as cooling off in the pool, slowly warming back up while reading a book, eating lots of ice cream, and repeating those 3 things indefinitely.

That evening we took one last walk out on the promenade to watch the sunset.

Robyn watching the sunset over the water.
While we were watching the sunset, we noticed a few flying fish that were leaping out of the water and flying away from the ship.  (Apparently they didn't want to get run over.)

Since I had failed at photographing flying fish in Cozumel, I decided to give it another try.  I pulled out my phone to take a video, but suddenly there were billions of dolphins.  I never did capture a video of flying fish, but I'm pretty sure this video is better.

After the dolphins finished playing, we finished watching the sunset.
The water was really pretty.

The sun dipping into the ocean behind the haze.

It was a good way to say goodbye to the cruise ship, and an excellent end to our trip.  We returned to our room for our final sleep.  Also, this happened.
We're totally precious.

The next morning, John and Carol's stateroom attendant had told them they could check out a little bit later than us. Apparently, they are more likable than we are. We went into their room to spend the last 30 minutes or so before we had to go.  I looked out their window and said, "There is something with a fin out there."  I went out on their balcony, and was greeted by a precious mommy and baby dolphin.

I took about a million pictures of them.  Here are a few of the best.








Finally, it was time to go. It took us thousands of years to get through customs.  Naturally, I was bored, so I took this forbidden picture.

Don't you feel like such a rebel looking at that sign?  Robyn was very cranky that I took that picture, because they had told us no photography.

Despite my rebel tendencies, they let me back into the good old US of A.  The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, we went to the airport, we flew home.  Except for one last thing.  The airport had a Fuddruckers!!!

It's real!
All the Fuddruckers in Utah closed a year or so ago.  It's been an age of darkness since then.  But my beautiful burger and shake brought back an age of light and happiness.  It was a fitting end to a fantastic trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...