Monday, October 17, 2011

Third anniversary

I told you before that for our third anniversary Robyn got a microwave and I got a trip to Shoshone Falls.  We got back from our trip yesterday.  It turned out to be a fun and relaxing little trip.  We saw just enough things to make it fun, but not so many that we couldn't relax.  Here are a few of the experiences we had.

As we drove into Twin Falls,  I told Robyn that we were going to drive over a huge bridge.  The Snake River has formed a giant canyon that is pretty amazing.  But as we were driving across the super flat area approaching the city, we began to doubt that we would see a massive canyon with a bridge going over it.  Then suddenly it appeared.
I.B. Perrine Bridge AKA biggest bridge ever
I was pretty sure it was a bridge, but luckily someone helped me to confirm my belief.
Of course, the site that I came to see was Shoshone Falls.  They call it the Niagara of the West.  It is actually taller than Niagara Falls but not as wide.  As we drove down the canyon road approaching the overlook I could see the top of the falls and I just began to be giddy.  I was super excited, this is a very important item on my bucket list.  I parked in the parking lot and ran down the stairs to the overlook.  Robyn took my picture in front of the falls and a nice little bonus rainbow.
I didn't see any gold at the end of the rainbow.
The falls were beautiful.  They haven't had this much water flowing for years.
I was pretty excited about it. Robyn took a video of me. We all know that I sound special needs when I get excited. She said I could sound smarter if I told some random facts. That's why I start rambling about how much water is flowing. I don't think it worked, but you can enjoy the view of the falls nonetheless. Here I am in front of the falls.
Oh, and it's important to prove Robyn was there as well.
Isn't she precious?
After Shoshone Falls we went to Twin Falls.  Twin Falls got its name because there were two different water falls coming on both sides of a large rock.  Unfortunately, the power plant has dammed up one side of the falls, so it's not really a twin fall anymore.  But here is the waterfall.
See the dam on the right?  This is unifall.
Through all of our explorations we got to see this massive canyon.  It was amazing.
Looking at this it's hard to believe we couldn't see it until we were almost on top of it.
All in all, it was a fabulous trip.  We got to see some amazing beauty as well as enjoy some quiet time together.  Next year is Robyn's turn to plan the anniversary.  Let's hope it's awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Love it. I think I need to see more waterfalls in my life. I will have to make it up to Idaho because it seems like they have plenty of waterfalls. I'm glad that you had a great anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you just wait my love! Next year will be AWESOME! You gave me such a fun trip that it has raised the bar. Thanks for a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smile at the end of that video!!!!! Hahaha love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...