Saturday, August 20, 2011

This one's for the Beliebers

Do you ever have one of those moments where you feel like you should do something and it's just so right?  Well, this isn't a story about one of those moments.  This is a story about a moment where I felt like I should do something because it was awesome.

It all started with a little visit to Zurchers.  Robyn needed to purchase something for her classroom.  Naturally, I was wandering through the store, trying to find something that would amuse me enough to dull the pain of shopping.  That's when I came upon this.
Now, I myself am not necessarily one of the beliebing faithful.  However, my good friend Kayli is one of the world's foremost Bieber fans.  Her twitter account dedicated to Justin Bieber has over 6000 followers.  I knew in my heart that she needed to have a large dose of Bieber in her home.  I also knew that it would be awesome to show up on her doorstep and surprise her with her very own Justin Bieber.  So, naturally, that's what I did.  (Robyn even approved the purchase of a cardboard Bieber.  That is love.)

We placed Justin Bieber on Kayli's doorstep and began recording before she opened the door.  This is reality TV at its finest.


Kayli had this to say about kissing him: "Let me just say it was my first time ever kissing a picture of him. I'm not a total weirdo when I'm alone, haha. I just got caught up in the moment!"

Kayli, we know you're not a total weirdo when you're alone.  It's just that some gifts are so awesome you have to either kiss the gift or the giver of the gift.  Since I'm married and the cardboard Justin isn't, you did what you had to do.

In the end, there was much rejoicing.  The moral of this story is, sometimes a Belieber needs a Bieber.

10 comments:

  1. So embarrassing. Hahahahaha. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. Never thought Justin Bieber would be sleeping with me every night! When I walked in my room after getting ready for bed last night, the shadow scared me and I totally jumped. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffery Stockett. What have you done???? No comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayli, I hope he frightens you every night. That is awesome.

    Heather, I did what had to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff- I'm glad you like to think about what your friends like and that you enjoy making people happy. It is one of my favorite things about you.

    Kaylie-I am glad you like it. What I loved most was coming over and hanging out with you (the Bieber kind of freaks me out). We should hang out again soon and NO I will not watch the movie with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a very important question about all of this: where can I get a bazinga shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! At least Kayli prefers Bieber to Lady Gaga. Walking into a room with that shadow would be even scarier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chanel, I'm not sure. My mom gave me that shirt for Christmas. So I'm not sure where she got it.

    Laura, you're totally right. Imagine Lady Gaga in a meat dress dwelling in your room late at night. That gives me nightmares just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeff, you're hilarious! I love that you can see an opportunity to be both funny and thoughtful and seize it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeff, You're my best friend and sometimes I have thought that you could do no wrong. However, I have a serious concern with this impulse buy. I'm going to have to agree with Heather on this one and disagree with your reply. It did not have to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad we got to be there when you made the purchase. That was pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...