Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Tale of the New Cup: A Mystery

I know, I know. Sequels are never any good. It's hard to think of a case where there is a sequel that is as good or better than the original. (And don't even try to refute that by bringing up The Empire Strikes Back. It is not a sequel, it is part of a trilogy which was written as one story arc from the beginning.)

Nevertheless, when it comes to real life, things continue to happen even after great tragedies like losing a beloved blue cup. It's possible that this very blog may have lead to the occurrence of this sequel. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me just explain what happened.

Tonight we had Sunday dinner with family. We made our way home and saw something strange on our door step. When we got closer we discovered that it was this "individual."
We were ever so perplexed.  But there was an envelope attached to him that said "Jeff."  I opened it up and found this letter:
I have traveled very far to find you Jeff.  The stories of your drinking prowess have reached the lands where I was born.  I heard that you had a vacancy and I am looking to be your loyal servant.  I will be good to you.  You can fill me up with any drink you want anytime.  I am easy to clean and so make it easy for you to use me again and again.  I have traveled all this way.  I hope that you will consider me a suitable servant.  I wish to live with you forever.  Please... I beg of you.  Fill me with drink and you will see how great I can be.  I look forward to calling you master and this place home.

Upon further examination of this new humble servant I found that his legs are actually large orange cups.  They certainly aren't the same as my blue cup, but I believe they could bring joy into my life.  I know not from what land this individual came.  But I believe a great blessing has come upon our household.

Of course, all of this brings to light many questions.

How did this servant know of my need?
Who might have sent him?
Why is there a big 4 on his shirt?
Why does he look so sad?
Are there other cup legged individuals out there numbered 1, 2 and 3?
Does he really want me to rip his legs off and drink out of them?

As you can see, this mystery is riddled with questions.  If any of you out there know the answers to these questions I'd love to hear them.  If some of you may have notified this servant of my need, I thank you.

But despite all the questions, I believe this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Good bye my blue cup.  Hello my new cup.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have a new friend that has given you a new cup. People really love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for your new cup. It looks legit, but I might have to inspect it in person. I hope that you can solve the mystery. Maybe if we get Mystery Inc back together then the mystery will be solved (after we get scared of all the fake ghosts, and get chased through a bunch of doorways...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cup gods are smiling upon you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me smile.

    Why is he sad? That's what I wanna know... maybe its because he has been lonely waiting for you...

    I hope he serves you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see this post! That is amazing. I just wish cup man had a name. I think you need to make this story into a trilogy by telling us how your new cups are working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad cup man could come into your life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...