Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My First Moniversary

Today is my first Moniversary. (I know that's not a word, or at least it wasn't until I made it up. But now that I made it up it means the day that is exactly one month after my wedding day.)
Robyn already put up wedding pics and several others including Mom, Ann, Kayli and Carol have posted some pics and thoughts. I will be taking a little different approach. I don't have lots of cool pictures or anything. I don't have any super fabulous words of wisdom. But I just wanted to share a few of the adventures we've had in getting to know one another.

1. Our amazing Honeymoon. I already wrote about it here but I just had to mention it because we had so much fun.

2. Hitting Robyn in the face. I have no memory of this event, but apparently one night I rolled over and started tapping on Robyn's head. She impatiently said, "WHAT!?" Only to hear me snore in response. I was totally asleep.

3. Robyn's tyrannical takeover of the entire bed She's half my size but takes up way more space. It's one of those paradoxes, similiar to how she can be cold even when the room is hot.

4. The DVD Extravaganza I was sad that all of the wedding presents were for Robyn. (Yes, I recognize that I benefit from them when she cooks me stuff.) So Robyn took me to Target and we spent a bunch of our gift cards on DVDs. I was a happy boy.

5. Becoming Superheroes After we got the DVDs another gift came in the mail that was something I too could enjoy. Ann gave us capes. (Some people might call them towels)




That is just a few of the fun adventures we've had. But the most fun adventure has just been getting to know each other better and beginning the start of a new life together. Happy Moniversary!

11 comments:

  1. This is such a great post, Jeff. Your cape picture is the best! I am glad you and Robyn are having so many fun experiences together. And I'm glad you got your dvds. :) You two are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my wife likes to take up roughly two-thirds of the bed as well. Also, she likes to jam her knees into my back, claiming "but it is so comfortable!" Don't let Robyn find out about this creul and unusual means of torture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I'm pretty sure I hog more than half the bed too. I have a vague memory of him pushing my leg away last night, so yep.

    congrats one 1 month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff!! What's up pal?? I'm glad to know that things are off to a great start. I would also like it known that I DO NOT take up more than half the bed, and Ron will corroborate that. In fact, there are some nights I have to push him over so I have room to change from my side to my back without falling off the bed! He does, however, like to mess with me while I'm sleeping... Once I'm out, I'm out hard, so he will move my limbs and play with my eyelashes and stuff to see if I react... I don't. Anywho... I'm glad things are going well! I hope you love being married as much as I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that was a good marriage blog. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like you too. By the way, we can always go shopping for that king.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, when Matt and I were first married one night he rolled over and hit me in the face giving me a bloody nose (and yes, he was snoring the whole time too). Robyn should be thankful there was no blood :) lol
    Oh and I love the capes, very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEATHER SAID EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY! Ah, what a cheat. I love the capes, and I'm so glad you splurged on DVDs. I can't wait to hear more about the adventures of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel really good about the adventures of Jeff and Robyn. I hope you eventually start fighting crime. You two are a good team. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you made it to your first moniversary without maiming each other too much!! You two are amazing and so fun! Love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...